solutions for individuals
personal accident and sickness solutions for your client’s most crucial asset, themselves.
From bricklayers to barristers, biochemists to barbers, the Blend Individual Personal Accident & Sickness Insurance product helps to protect the livelihood of individuals against unforeseen events whilst working or during travel to and from their workplace.
Individual Personal Accident & sickness insurance is designed to cover an individual in the event they have an accident or suffer an injury or illness which impacts their ability to
continue working in the capacity they had been.
As a blend broker, you can access our individual personal accident and sickness insurance product via the broker portal and tailor a policy that’s particular to your clients’ circumstances.
the product can support your client by
- Enabling them to meet ongoing financial commitments including providing for their family or continuing business operations
- Providing cover in circumstances where they may not be covered under their relevant state’s workers compensation scheme (e.g. Directors in some states)
- Ensuring they comply with a workplace contract where mandatory cover is required (e.g. on some construction sites)
- Allowing cover to be arranged over and above workers compensation limits already in place
why blend for
we consider over 800 occupation types including:
- building & trades
- medical & allied health
- construction & engineering
- white collar & professional services
- mining & resources
- hazardous activities and/or amateur sports considered on request
work-related injury/illness rate, by age group
The ABS found that the age brackets with the highest rates of work-related injury or illness among persons who had worked at some time in 2017-18 were:
50-54 years old (5.8%); followed by
20-24 years old (5.5%).